Friday 23 September 2016

Quick write 2

Hidden away at the back of my drawer… you would never guess what I found… I found… all of my old baby photos? That is not what I was expecting. Well it wasn’t really my drawers they were sort of… kinda… my mum’s. I may have been snooping around but that is because I am just a very curious girl, and I can't help it.

I scroll through the photo album and don’t seem to remember any of these moments. I find a picture of me covered in broccoli, my green spotted face looked as green as the bib I was wearing, or maybe that’s covered in broccoli too.

I turn the page only to see another photo of me on a skateboard, oh I remember that! I think to myself. In this picture There is me and my sister sitting on a skateboard that was pink and had barbie on the bottom of it. We were munching on apples, which made my tummy growl.

The next page is covered in pictures of my uncle, my aunty and my cousins. I can’t count them there are too many, but I decide to give it a go. One… two… three… wait have I counted that one already? I start again, one… two… three… four… five.... wait I missed one. Finally coming to my senses I decide to give up.

I look over to the other side of the page, and see a bunch of hair taped to it. WOW did they rip this out of my head or something. I begin to get a little creeped out.

Just as I turn to the next page my mum walks in and asks me to put them back. Lucky I did, I think I saw a glimpse of something I was not supposed to see... I hesitantly place them back in the draw. And ask my mum,
“Why didn't you want me to look at them?” In a very curious way,
“Because I am an adult and I can do what I want. I look over at her and think to myself, ‘what a pathetic excuse!’ Not knowing that I said that out loud she sends me to my room, at least now I know where she hides them!

No comments:

Post a Comment